BEEF STEW BEE HOON SOUP ©





In Kuching, Malaysia, where my hometown is, I would say the first beef stew noodles started at OPEN AIR MARKET in the older part of the city, opposite Electra House. 
Nearly most cuisines of this world has a history and story in it. 
When we have Beef Stew Noodles, we would connect the dish with the OPEN AIR MARKET origination. That's a story to it.


Ingredients and Preparation for 4

Prepare 1.5 lb slices of beef.
Using crockpot, add in 8 cups water, beef, 1/2 large onions, 5 cloves of garlic, 5 slices of ginger, 1 tomato, some sliced carrots.   For flavor, add:- 2 tbs oyster sauce, 2 tbs dark soya sauce, 2 tbs light soya sauce, 2 tbs beef stock brand, 1/2 tsp pepper. 

Boil Bee Hoon (Vermicili noodles) in hot water, and sieve.
When ready to serve, scoop cooked ingredients over bowl of vermicilli and garnish with green onions, parsley or cilantro and dried onions.
                                

Comments

  1. This is really really delicious. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I put some spicy sauce to it and wala, it's one of the best noodles soup I ever had.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment